No Street Parking Ban
No street parking within the Town of Borden-Carleton
from December 1st until April 30th between the
hours of 12:01am & 8:00am
In the 1820's, when the first Scottish settlers came, the community of Borden and surrounding area was known as Carleton Point. The community’s role as "Gateway" to the mainland was established in 1914 with Prince Edward Island’s new year-round rail service, which brought about the construction of piers for a ferry to the mainland. The first icebreaker crossed the Northumberland Strait in 1917 and Port Borden was incorporated in 1919, named for the Canadian Prime Minister of the day, Sir Robert Borden. The town was built around the ferry service, which provided employment to residents. The construction and subsequent opening, in 1997, of the Confederation Bridge linking Prince Edward Island with the mainland, marks the beginning of a new era for Borden-Carleton.